Lending – Return – Extension Transactions
1) Our university students and the academic as well as the administrative staff can make use of lending transeactions by submitting their Mersin University identity card.
2) Lending transactions made by using Mersin University ID’s of other people are not allowed.
3) Counseling resources, periodicals, written and printed works, theses, audio-visual materials cannot be borrowed, they can only be used in the library.
4) Academic staff can borrow up to 8 books for 15 days, administrative staff and students for 10 days at most, Master and PhD students for 5 books for 15 days.
5) If no reservation is requested by other users for the borrowed item, users can renew twice within the periods defined for their own usage.
6) If the library material sought is borrowed by another user, the reservation process can be made through the automation system.
7) Reserved material; If the user who made the reservation does not borrow the reserved material within two days after it is returned to the library, the reservation will be canceled.
8) Lending-return-extension transactions are made by the lending unit. In addition, library users can extend their return date by logging into the automation system at yordam.mersin.edu.tr 3 (three) days before the return deadline, with their username and password. Extension transactions requested after return deadlines cannot be made over the web.
9) Users are obliged to follow the return date of the borrowed material. Besides, for overdue materials, 2 reminder messages are sent every week via SMS and via e-mail by the library. The third and final warning is made with an official letter.
10) Users who do not deliver borrowed materials on time, will not be allowed to borrow new material until the former are delivered.
11) Users who wear out, lose or do not return the lent material are expected to replace it with the same book or a newer edition of it. In case of material losses, users are given 15 (fifteen) days for domestic supply and 2 (two) months for overseas supply.
12) Users who do not return their library material on time are obliged to provide the amount of material determined in advance by the Library Appraisal Commission as a penalty due to the delayed period of the resources.
13) Members have to provide exactly the same foreign material they lost or damaged. If it cannot be obtained, it is necessary to obtain the latest edition of the relevant material. Users pay the determined amount by adding 50% to the price calculated over the daily exchange rate announced by the Central Bank for foreign resources that they cannot provide under any circumstances.
14) Members must provide exactly the same Turkish material they lost or damaged. If the same is not available, the latest edition of the relevant material must be provided. For Turkish resources that cannot be obtained under any circumstances, users pay the calculated price by adding 50% to the current market value of the material on that day.
15) Public damage to library materials caused by users intentionally or by fault, negligence, recklessness or carelessness will be determined by the valuation commission.
Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL)
16) In case of absence of required library materials for research purpose of the university’s academic staff, the needed material can be provided for a certain period from member libraries by the Interlibrary Loan Tracking System (KITS), and the Turkish Document Delivery System (TÜBESS),whereby the shipping fee belongs to the claimer. Likewise our library can lend materials to member libraries. The related academic staff must submit their requests to the relevant Library department by filling out a Interlibrary Loan Service form, which is present in the Quality Management System.
17) Counseling resources, periodicals, written and printed works, theses, audio-visual materials are not allowed to be lent.
18) In case the borrowed material is damaged or not returned for any reason, the user is obliged to comply with the sanctions of the library that lent the material.